Mass – O Come Emmanuel
This mass for the Advent season of the Roman Catholic Church, is based on the familiar melody used in the song, “O Come, O Come Emmanuel,” using the revised, 2010 translation.
It is similar to Missa Emmanuel by Richard Proulx, published by GIA. Please use the link if you are looking for that mass.
The present Mass – O Come Emmanuel, uses the same ancient melody also arranged by Richard Proulx, Veni, Veni, Emmanuel.
Some similarities are present, but a new accompaniment was composed, with different harmonies, to offer an alternative.
“Glory to God” is not sung during advent, and so is not used in the present mass.
However, all the other normally sung mass parts are here.
- Parts included are:
- 1. SATB with keyboard accompaniment, organ or piano.
- 2. Lead sheet for guitar, bass, keyboard.
- 3. A version for cantor, easy to read on a tablet.
- A purchase of this set of PDFs is for one music director to print for his or her musicians and congregation.
- The entire mass may be sung as chant; a capella, unaccompanied.
- See also Our Father.