“Antiphonal Sonata” for Brass and Organ
Antiphonal Sonata for Brass and Organ (c. 6:33) was written for the same concert as Kevin’s Organ Concerto, 2009.
It is in three Baroque-style movements, each structured for effective use of the antiphonally placed instruments:
1. Procession, Allegro, 4/4.
2. Chaconne, a kind of continuous theme and variations in a moderately slow 3/4.
3. Dance, Allegro 3/4 time; almost, but not quite a Gigue.
- Version 1: 3 trumpets, 3 French horns, 3 trombones, tuba, Organ.
- Version 2 (2012) : 4 trumpets, 3 trombones, tuba, organ
Please Contact Me for score and parts:
- ZIP file containing PDF’s of score and parts – $55
- The purchaser may print and copy parts.
Here is a MIDI version using Finale and the Garritan Personal Orchestra:
The following video of the first performance shows the set-up of the musicians:
3 Horns – front left, 3 Trumpets – front right
3 Trombones and 1 tuba in the choir loft at the back, with the organ.