Mass of Courage
This congregational setting of the mass for catholic congregational participation, “Mass of Courage,” is a sort of companion to “Mass of Joy.” Many rhythms and melodies are similar between the two, except “Mass of Courage” is in B minor, while “Mass of Joy.” is in D major. The similarities may help the congregation in participation and give a little continuity as you change from one mass setting to another.
Directly after purchase, you will receive an email with links for:
- Keyboard with optional SATB parts.
- A special keyboard part for the Glory to God with fewer page turns.
- Lead sheet with chords and melody.
- Tablet version, easier to read on a tablet or phone.
- The above video features a recording of most of this mass during the Christ The King service of St. Boniface parish Nov. 25, 2012.
“Be on the watch. Be full of courage.” This quote from 1 Cor. 16:13 is part of the large mozaic depicting the martyrdom of St. Boniface, installed on the back of the choir loft wall in St. Boniface Catholic Church, Anaheim, CA.
Published with the approval of the Committee on Divine Worship,
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Excerpts from the English translation of The Roman Missal © 2010, ICEL. All rights reserved. Used with permission.